We have plenty of recreational activities in the nearby area of Villa Berretta.
Cosmopolitan Golf & Country Club: 55 mins by car
Golf Club Tirrenia: 50 mins by car
Golf Club Punta Ala: 1 hr 10 mins
Golf Club Ugolino (outskirts of Florence): 1 h 45 mins
For a listing of Tuscany’s best courses click here
Biking: delivery of bicycles to the villa can easily be arranged
Water sports: wind surfing/kite sailing closest 30 minutes away in Rosignano
The closest beaches are 25 minutes away around Cecina, either pebbled or sandy, and bordered by century-old pine forests with many beach-front restaurants to choose from.
For white sandy beaches, head to Rosignano, where the sodium bicarbonate plants have created caribbean-like white sand.
Located in Riparbella, only 5 kms away from the villa, the “Giardino Sospeso” is an adventure park set in the most beautiful oak tree forest. Kids and adults will have a choice of acrobatic courses on fixed and suspended platforms through the tree tops.
This adventure park offers courses varying degrees of difficulty and length. Your kids will also be able to learn the basic techniques of archery with a qualified instructor. The park also organises birthday parties and summer camps.
In Cecina there is also a Waterpark that is very popular with children.
Villa Berretta is conveniently located just 45 minutes south of Pisa Airport and is a perfect base from which to visit some of Tuscany’s most famous cities and towns.
Volterra: 20-minute drive
Florence: 1 hour 20-minute drive
Siena: 1.5-hour drive
Lucca: 1-hour drive
From Villa Berretta foodies have a good choice of excellent restaurants, including Michelin-starred ones, as well as having some of Italy’s finest vineyards on their door-step.
The vineyards around the medieval village of Bolgheri are known for producing Italy’s Super-Tuscan wines – such as Sassicaia, Tignanello, Ornellaia – and are just a short drive away, so you can enjoy some wine-tasting before purchasing your wines directly at the source.
• La Pineta, in Marina di Bibbona, also known as ‘Lo Zazzeri” after it’s owner-chef. Excellent seafood, right on the beach. Need to book in advance.
tel: 0586- 600016 – 20 minute drive.
• La Bella Bertolda, San Vincenzo (formerly Gambero Rosso). In the San Vincenzo marina area, on the sea-front. Seafood and good wines.
tel: 0565-701021 – 45 minute drive
• La Locanda del Sole, Catello di Querceto. Recently opened by michelin-starred chef Zazzeri of La PIneta, (see above), it its the meat counterpart to the seafood restaurant on the beach. A great excuse to visit the charming walled village of Querceto, 20 mins from the house. Tel: 0588 37407.”
• Osteria Magone, inside the walls of charming medieval hilltop village Bolgheri. Good food, esp. meat, but do not overlook the starters. Tel:0565-762173
• Taverna del Pittore, more traditional food, lots of game and wild boar, good wine list Tel: 0565- 762184
• There are also various ‘Enoteche’ in Bolgheri, wine bars, where you taste the superb Supertuscan wines, accompanied by cured meats, cheese platters and other small savoury dishes.
• The Gelateria is also a must, esp. for children.